Monday, November 14, 2005

Welcome to Driving Phobia

This blog is dedicated to the Fear of Driving.

This blog is not a confessional rant about my inability to drive.

No!

This space is earmarked for tips, resources and other bits of data for those who are fearful of driving. Occasionally, I will provide updates on my own efforts to get a license.


I am currently reading: The God of Driving by Amy Fine Collins, (Simon & Schuster). The subtitle: How I overcame fear and put myself in the driver's seat with the help of a good and mysterious man.

I am so loving this book and I feel a spark of hope. If Collins--a fashionable, writer for Vanity Fair magazine-- can learn to drive, maybe I can also.


My thoughtful husband Avi stumbled over a new copy of this book and (hint, hint) presented me with a copy. Thanks Avi! (Really!!!) The text is witty, engaging and informative. It's like taking a virtual defensive driving class, while getting a fashion lesson.

Over the course of this week, I will feature the book.

That's enough for now. I have two other blogs to maintain: The Frugal Duchess (www.sharonhr.blogspot.com) and Homeless in Miami (www.homelessmiami.blogspot.com).

And I have a life beyond blogging. I am a freelance writer, teacher, mother, wife, (not in that order.)

I'm hoping that those titles will (G-d willing), include Sharon, the Great Driver.

Ciao.

No comments: