Friday, August 11, 2006

Poof: Driving Teacher Just Shows Up!

Okay this is scary.

I have finally, finally decided to really be serious about driving and within 24 hours, I have met a highly recommended Driving Ed instructor.

Here's the scenario:

I'm at my kids' school and I meet another mom. I casually mention that I don't drive. She looks mildy appalled; milding amused.

To save face, I mention my summer goal: TO DRIVE!

She says: Oh wow and there's even a driving school car parked in the parking lot TODAY.

It turns out that one of the part-time maintenance crew members also owns a driving school. He comes highly recommended by the maintenance chief at my kids' school.

We talk and he even offers to help me with my written test.

We have an appointment for Tuesday at 3:30 pm

Is that spooky or am I just reading too much into the universal mind?

5 comments:

The Spring Of Life said...

Hello Again, Dear Sharon,

I just read Your stories about Your fear of driving. I understand it! Years ago when I had not yet got my licence, I drove and completely crushed my friend's car. I had a bad feeling (like a warning) within me about driving that day... and without a licence... but I did it anyway... like practicing on a country road... and ended up chashing my friend's car! It took me months of driving classes to get over the fear of driving. I made myself to go to the classes. Finally I got over the fear and completed the test successfully. Now I love driving! You will too!

I wish You great success in overcoming Your fears and succeeding in Your challenges.

Eve

Frugal Duchess said...

Hi Eve:
Thanks so much for the thoughtful comments.

I'm glad to hear that you overcame your fears.

I hope to follow your example.

I'm really making an effort.
I appreciate your enouragement.

Frugal Duchess said...

Hey guys:

Thanks for being so supportive.
I appreciate the tips.

My driving instructor cancelled today.
Karma? HMMMM.

But I'm not deterred. I will continue to push.

Sally:
Thanks for the tips.
I will use them as a post.

SBeachMama:

Thanks for sharing my pain.

I wish I could take my kids to school.

jeremy said...

I imagine what its like. Must be tough though.

dui lawyer arizona

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting, perhaps we can see more on this blog in outlook.I’m hoping the same high-grade web site post from you in the future also.
Forklift Driver Training